Kurt Weill Festival: Zaubernacht & Mahagonny Songspiel - Maryland Opera Studio
UMD School of Music
The Maryland Opera Studio juxtaposes two of Weill’s earliest works for the stage — Zaubernacht (1922) and Mahagonny Songspiel (1927). An enchanting work about two small children whose toys come to life, Zaubernacht (1922) also features a dance portion that will be performed by TDPS students. Mahagonny Songspiel (1927) is a scenic cantata set in a fictitious American town and marks the beginning of Weill's collaboration with Bertolt Brecht.
Join us for a pre-concert lecture Friday, April 5, 2019 at 6PM!
This event is part of the Kurt Weill Festival funded in part by the Kurt Weill Foundation for Music, Inc., New York NY.
University of Maryland College Park
College Park, MD 20742
More Event Ideas
- More Fairs and Festivals Events
- Kurt Weill Festival: Pre-Performance Lecture: Street Scene - Naomi Graber at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts CenterFriday, Apr 12, 6:00 PM
- Kurt Weill Festival: Pre-Performance Lecture: Zaubernacht and Mahagonny Songspiel - Stephen Hinton at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts CenterFriday, Apr 5, 6:00 PM
- Kurt Weill Festival: An Affair to Remember - The Love Story of Kurt Weill and Lotte Lenya at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts CenterFriday, Mar 29, 8:00 PM
- More Events at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- Faculty Artist Series: Polish Revival: Influences Beyond the Border - Concert by the Left Bank Quartet at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts CenterSunday, Mar 31, 3:00 PM
- Friday, Apr 5, 7:30 PM
- Monday, Apr 8, 8:00 PM
- More Events on April 5, 2019
- Friday, Apr 5, 7:00 PM
- Friday, Apr 5, 6:30 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.