Free art tour! 11/18 6:15 pm, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
A world-renowned art collection right at your door - literally! The Walter E. Washington Convention Center art collection is the best kept secret in the nation’s capital. In addition to being a state-of-the-art Convention Center, the building is home to one of the largest public art collections in Washington, DC outside of museums, with 137 works by 93 artists. One highlight is Sol LeWitt's Wall Drawing #1103, encompassing a 2-story staircase. Another is the Shaw Wall, a 72’ wall of dynamic artwork that honors and celebrates the Shaw community, the neighborhood that is home to the Convention Center. Tour check in: 6:15Tour starts promptly at 6:30For security reasons, NO ADMISSION AFTER 6:45 Tours led by Convention Center collection curators, Dena Crosson and Robin Moore. Note: We strongly recommend taking Metro (Yellow or Green line) to Mt. Vernon Square. Street parking can be hard to find. Looking for a place to eat or drink after your tour? Contact the organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org for recommendations.
801 Mount Vernon Place NW
Washington, DC 20001
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Tuesday, Jul 30, 6:15 PM
- Art AfterWords: A Book Discussion - Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation by Jeff Chang at Portrait GalleryTuesday, Aug 20, 5:30 PM
- Saturday, Oct 26, 6:30 PM
- More Events at Washington Convention Center
- Wednesday, Sep 4, 1:00 PM
- Saturday, Aug 10, 11:00 AM
- Sunday, Sep 29, 2:00 PM
- More Events on November 18, 2019
- PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp - November 18-21 - PMCertDC - Washington D.C. or Online at W Washington HotelMonday, Nov 18, 9:00 AM
- Monday, Nov 18, 8:00 AM
- Monday, Nov 18, 7:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.