Carmen Giménez Smith on "Soy Isla"
Poet Carmen Giménez Smith on Sanchez's Soy Isla
Carmen Giménez Smith's poetry dissects the female body and society's responses to it over centuries, in language that can be both playful and serious. Her latest live reading is inspired by the acclaimed art exhibit by Cuba's Zilia Sánchez: Soy Isla (I Am an Island) at The Phillips Collection in DC, where this event will take place. Smith's collections include Milk and Filth, Goodbye, Flicker (winner of the Juniper Prize), and, most recently, Cruel Futures. Her memoir, Bring Down the Little Birds: On Mothering, Art, Work, and Everything Else, received an American Book Award.
1600 21st St. NW
Washington, DC 20009
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Family Day at the American University Museum at American University Museum at the Katzen Arts CenterSaturday, Apr 27, 11:00 AM
- Monday, Apr 8, 6:00 PM
- Friday, Apr 5, 12:00 PM
- More Events at The Phillips Collection
- Thursday, Mar 28, 6:30 PM
- More Events on April 18, 2019
- Thursday, Apr 18, 7:30 PM
- Thursday, Apr 18, 10:00 PM
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification Training in Washington, DC on Apr 18th-19th 2019 at Washington D.C.Thursday, Apr 18, 9:00 AM