Bask in the Beauty of Bonsai: Forest Bathing Among Treasured Trees (Fall 2019)
Join certified nature and forest therapy guide and acclaimed author, Melanie Choukas-Bradley, for a very special guided exercise in meditation, rejuvenation and contemplation among the nation’s premier bonsai collection at The National Bonsai & Penjing Museum. In the 2-hour program, hosted by The National Bonsai Foundation, Melanie will guide participants through the visual, auditory, and interactive experience of Shinrin-yoku, or “forest bathing,” a practice popularized in Japan and known for its transformative and therapeutic experiences like a boosted immune system, reduced blood pressure, improved sleep patterns and more improved sleep patterns and more. Melanie Choukas-Bradley is a Washington, DC author and naturalist who leads field trips and tree tours for a variety of organizations. She is an award-winning author of several DC nature books, including "The Joy of Forest Bathing," now available for purchase. Melanie is a Certified Forest Therapy Guide.
3501 New York Avenue Northeast
Washington, DC 20002
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Sunday, Nov 3, 9:00 AM
- Sunday, Aug 4, 12:00 PM
- Bask in the Beauty of Bonsai: Forest Bathing Among Treasured Trees (Spring 2019) at National Bonsai & Penjing MuseumThursday, Oct 3, 8:30 AM
- More Events at National Bonsai & Penjing Museum
- Saturday, Jul 20, 8:00 AM
- Saturday, Jun 22, 9:00 AM
- More Events on September 21, 2019
- Saturday, Sep 21, 6:00 PM
- Saturday, Sep 21, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Sep 21, 12:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.