Andrew White Quartet
ANDREW WHITE, SAXOPHONIST, COMPOSER, PUBLISHER AND MULTI-INSTRUMENTALIST IS THE MOST VOLUMINOUSLY SELF-PRODUCED ARTIST IN THE HISTORY OF JAZZ. Through his company, Andrew’s Musical Enterprises, Inc. of Washington, D.C., established in 1971, he has single-handedly self-produced over 2000 products which are currently being marketed throughout the world.
As a saxophonist, White appeared on the jazz scene in September, 1960, concurrent with his graduation from his studies at Howard University, when he appeared with Washington D.C.’s J.F.K. Quintet, Kenny Clarke, Otis Redding, McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones, Beaver Harris, The Julius Hemphill Saxophone Sextet, “The Six Winds” Dutch Saxophone Sextet, and on his own “Andrew White’s ZORROSAX ALLSTARS,” saxophone sextet, and hundreds of personal solo appearances worldwide. These include solo performances at New York City’s Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Town Hall, The Kennedy Center, in Washington, D.C., Paris, France’s Theatre du Chatelet, La Vila, and a 1994 solo Summer tour of seven French cities.
Watch Video Tue, April 23
8PM / $25 Get Tickets
1. Final sale, no refunds, not transferable.
2. $12 food/beverage minimum per person not included in ticket price.
3. Seating first come at the door. Doors open at the earliest of 6 PM & 9:45 PM respectively.
4. Photography or Recording of any kind is prohibited during the performance.
5. Keep conversation to a minimum during the performance.
1073 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20007